Travelling to Europe?
When travelling to Europe, unless you have a special tariff, roaming in our Europe Zone will be included in your UK allowance. So your minutes, texts, and data will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
You’ll be able to make and receive calls and send and receive texts, like you’d normally do in the UK.
- Roaming in Europe is part of our standard tariffs.
- Your minutes, texts, and data allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
- Roam freely using your phone across 48 destinations and call and text back to the UK at no extra cost.
- Our Europe Zone includes all EU/EAA countries and the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco.
What about data?
When you use data in any of the 48 countries in our Europe Zone you have your full UK monthly allowance available to you. It’ll come out of your monthly allowance, just like it would in the UK, as long as you’re on an eligible tariff. Any data you use over your UK monthly allowance will be charged at our standard UK rate.
If you run out of data whilst in our Europe Zone, you can buy more – the options and cost are the same as in the UK. If you buy more data and don’t use it all before returning from our Europe Zone, you’ll still be able to use it when you’re back in the UK. If you buy more data in the UK and then go to our Europe Zone, you can also use it there.
If you’re on an unlimited data tariff, you’ll be able to use up to 35GB of data. On some of our tariffs we have a £36 data overage cap for using data whilst in the EU, to protect you from a surprise bill when you return from your trip.
(at no extra cost)
- Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
- Making calls and sending texts to the UK from our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts from the UK while you are in our Europe Zone.
- The same data allowance as when you’re in the UK.
- Calling your voicemail and receiving voicemails.
What’s not included?
- Making calls or sending texts from the UK to other destinations (including the countries in our Europe Zone).
- Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers and other non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time).
- Making calls or sending texts from within our Europe Zone to a country outside of the Europe Zone (excluding the UK).
Which destinations are in the Europe zone?
Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein. Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayottem Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.
Our Europe Zone extends beyond the destinations included in the new roaming regulations. We include the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco too. From time to time we might need to change the destinations included in our Europe Zone.
Some calls and texts include an additional charge:
Calling destinations outside our Europe Zone – 79p per minute
Sending an audio, video, photo message (MMS) – 40p
UK to other destinations – not included and will cost extra
Directory enquiries – not included and will cost extra
Non-geographic numbers/conference call numbers – not included and will cost extra
Rest of World Passes
Our Rest Of World Passes are designed to give you worry free-roaming in key destinations outside Europe.
Our Rest Of World Passes are available as 24-hour passes or as 90 day passes.
Why choose our Rest of the World Pass?
- Call, texts and data in 97 destinations outside Europe.
- Be more secure by not relying on public or hotel Wi-Fi to stay in touch.
- Allowance starts from when you first use your pass.
- Extra allowance on top of your UK allowance.
- Alerts will keep you informed when you have used 80%, 95% and 100% of your data.
- Capped versions available to control your spend.
Overseas 4G Capabilities
With O2’s 4G connectivity available in most key destinations, you can now work more effectively abroad than ever before.
Experience better coverage and faster data speeds just like you do at home or in the office, giving you the flexibility to work anywhere at any time.